Sloppy’s Garage is doing our individual and team photos this year and they always do an amazing job capturing our runners in full uniform with big smiles and no sweat! Order today!
Our next race is the Central Park Invitational on Saturday, Oct 1. Our team will race in the afternoon. Please see links to course map and to parking maps below. You should be able to park in the park itself but additional parking will be available south of HB Central Park at the Equestrian Center, Ellis Avenue entrance. Transportation will be provided to the meet. The bus will leave YLHS at 10:15 am and return after 5 pm.
Welcome to the 41st Annual Woodbridge Cross Country Classic presented by ASICS America!
Great Park Sports Complex
8000 Great Park Blvd
Irvine, CA 92618
Do NOT follow directions provided by Google Maps, WAZE, or other such mapping apps. Only follow the directions in the link below:
*** NOTE *** An important update this year from the Great Park. All vehicles must purchase their parking passes online using the following links. The fee is $20.00 for all vehicles including school vans. No fee for buses.
For Thursday parking: https://gofan.co/app/events/684652?schoolId=CA8083
For Friday parking: https://gofan.co/app/events/686559?schoolId=CA8083
PARENT AND SPECTATOR PARKING
1) No spectator fee for the meet will be charged.
2) All vehicles (including buses) will park within the Great Park facility. No parking in residential streets will be allowed. Vehicles will be towed.
3) The parking fee for all vehicles (except for buses) will be $20.00. This fee applies to school vans as well. Receipt for reimbursements for school vans will be available at the check in tables.
4) No parking fee will be charged for buses.
5) Vehicles will enter the Great Park using Great Park Blvd and will be directed to their designated parking lot.
6) There will be a drop-off area for athletes in Parking Lot #4.
7) There is ABSOLUTELY no parking in the residential areas adjacent to the Great Park. Irvine Police Department will tow vehicles that park in the residential areas. Parking in the residential streets creates ill will between the Great Park and the community/residents.
* * * IMPORTANT * * * NO PETS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE FACILITY! Please make sure that all of your families are aware of this policy. If pets are brought to the facility, your pets will need to stay in your vehicles… AND, this is not safe for the pets.
Varsity Boys have been assigned to Group B.
The heat did not deter our runners from a strong showing at the ASICS Cool Breeze Invitational.
Our Varsity Womens Team consisted of Sydney Rome, Sydney LeBrun, Olivia Reed, Penelope Fournier, Brooke Boyd, Mackenzie Dalton, and Alexandra Herrada. The team came in 3rd place overall and Sydney Rome was second in the D 3-4-5 race with a time of 18:20. Congratulations to Mackenzie Dalton and Brooke Boyd who ran in their first high school race on varsity as freshmen!
Our Varsity Mens Team consisted of Mason Farley, Adrian Wellmeyer, Taylor Stivers, Tyler Yang, Alexander MacFarlane, Jacob Ortillano, and Lucas Dias. They placed 7th in a very competitive field with Mason Farley coming in at a time of 16:52 in the D-3-4-5 race.
We are so happy to welcome all of our freshman runners to the team and to the wonderful sport of cross country: Olivia Teran, Lorelai Pohl, Alison Su, Hailey Spake, Vivian Lin, Christina Wright, Mackenzie Dalton, Brooke Boyd, Toren Habbestad, and Trevor Gilson.