Summer camp is a great way for athlete to prepare for the fall season.
Summer Camp Dates:
- July 8th – August 24th.
- Practices are Monday through Saturday, 7:00 am – 9:00 am unless otherwise noted. See below for practice locations.
- Informal “Get to Know You” social with Coaches for parents and athletes will be scheduled soon.
- There will be a parent meeting tentatively scheduled in August at the Community Center. More details to come.
- Mondays and Wednesdays: Yorba Regional Park, meet at the west end closest to Fairmont Blvd.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: Yorba Linda Packing House, located near the intersection of Yorba Linda Blvd and Imperial Hwy.
- Fridays: Yorba Linda High School, by the sea container.
- Saturdays: TBD, Coaches will announce the location during the week.
What will you need for Summer Camp?
- Shoes – A new pair of running shoes purchased from a reputable specialty running store to ensure the best fit and quality to prevent injuries.
- Clothing – Loose fitting t-shirts, shorts & non-cotton socks.
- An inexpensive sports running watch (not required).
- Water – Lots of it, every day.
- For athletes not attending summer camp but would like to be considered for the team, please use the contact form at the bottom of the page.
What should you expect during the summer?
- Attendance at summer camp practices is highly recommended in order to prepare each runner for our XC season that begins in early September.
- Parents should plan on having their athlete at the scheduled location 10 minutes prior to the posted start time.
- As we get closer to the school year, the schedule will change to afternoons so everyone has time to adapt to running later in the day.
- Car pooling is generally available. Please contact us in advance so we can help you make alternate travel arrangements.
How can parents help?
- Parents need to let the coaches train their runners. The coaches have detailed training schedules that might not make sense to the non-runner. They have a plan and it works in preparing our athletes for the upcoming season.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Parents will need to remind their children to hydrate. Please be patient with them as they learn to adapt to drinking water all day long. They will soon realize the importance of adequate hydration.
Big Bear High Altitude Camp:
- This year’s Big Bear High Altitude Camp will be held August 16th – August 20th. This is for a select group of approximately 24 runners.